Looking for a holiday gift or a way to spread Christmas cheer? Then you better go get multi-platinum recording artist and environmentalist Jack Johnson‘s new holiday album, titled ‘Warm December, Vol. III’!
If you can’t tell by the name, it’s the third in a trilogy of the singer’s holiday albums. The best part? He’s not by himself! He recruited some friends to make the album like one big get together for the holidays, with some original songs and some classic covers.
By now, you’re probably wondering who these friends of Jack Johnson are. The tracklisting includes a few people he’s toured with and collaborated with. The lineup includes Bahamas, G. Love, Zach Gill, and of course many more from Brushfire Records. Imagine being able to make music with all your friends! Jack’s really out here living the dream, isn’t he?
The album is a limited-edition vinyl that will be available on December 13th through Jack Johnson’s own Brushfire Records. You’d better get it fast since it’s limited-edition. Don’t worry if you don’t have a record player for the vinyl, you can also get it in digital.
- ‘New Axe’ – Jack Johnson
- ‘I’ll Be Home for Christmas’ – Bahamas
- ‘Sleigh Ride’ – Zach Gill & Mimi Naja (of Fruition)
- ‘Christmas Wave’ – G. Love
- ‘Little Child on Christmas Day’ – Mason Jennings
- ‘Mrs. Santa Claus’ – Zach Rogue (of Rogue Wave)
- ‘Winter Time (Be A Little Closer)’ – ALO
- ‘Old Time Christmas’ – Adam Topol
- ‘Mele Kalikimaka’ – Paula Fuga
- ‘Oh Hanukkah’ – Lebo (of ALO)
- ‘Buddha Too’ – Mason Jennings & Jack Johnson
- ‘Christmas Time is Here’ – Zach Gill (3:24)
- ‘I Can’t Go To Sleep’ – Jack Johnson
- ‘Happy Christmas (War is Over)’ – John Craigie (featuring Zach Gill and Lebo of ALO)*
- ‘New Years Blues’ – G. Love*
* Digital album only
It’s a great album, whether you buy it for yourself or as a gift to a friend. Maybe listen to it with some old friends? Johnson himself stated: “It’s always nice to get together with old friends to create some new music and spread a little holiday cheer!”
So, what are you waiting for? Aren’t you going to get some of that cheer he’s spreading?
Featured Image Source: Courtesy of Jack Johnson