To quote from the Queen herself – Ashnikko’s new ‘Daisy’ music video “is crazy (but we like that)”! Filming the music video during quarantine? Not a problem for such a creative visionary. Honestly, this video is classic Ashnikko excellence. This is the reason that we stan so hard! Check it out below:
Our official ‘Daisy’ breakdown:
- She partnered with Beats by Dre! The video features their brand-new Powerbeats Pro headphones in nearly every shot.
- Ashnikko’s four different technicolor scenes are inspired by four of the eight available Powerbeats Pro colors: Glacier Blue, Spring Yellow, Cloud Pink, and Lava Red.
- She hosted a contest (BEATSDAISYCHALLENGE) for TikTok users. It garnered over 7.7 billion views! Participants submitted clips of themselves, hoping to be featured in the official video. You can spot the winners at 1:22!
- The director is a 26-year-old hyper-pop photographer and artist Charlotte Rutherford who has worked with the likes of Rihanna and Grimes.
- The comment section is full of users that liken her colorful landscape/outfits to the Teletubbies. Oh, YouTube…
Below, you can check out Ashnikko’s explanation of the meaning behind the lyrics of ‘Daisy’:
Our Official ‘Daisy’ Song Research:
Describing ‘Daisy’, Ashnikko gushes, “this song is my favourite song that I’ve ever written, ever. I’ve been waiting to put this song out… since I was born. I was born to put out this song. I love this song so much”.
Each song she writes has an original fictional character. Ashnikko describes Daisy as “this bad b**** who wears exclusively latex, blue diamonds and these glass platforms with, like, an aquarium in the heel.” This girl throat-punches criminals on the regular, leaving daisies on the nightstands of her victims!
Interested in finding more music from Ashnikko? You can check out our latest list of her biggest playlist must-haves here!
What’s your take on the music video? Exciting, scary, confusing, empowering – we want to hear it all! You can tweet us @thehoneypop on Twitter, or leave your theories in the comment section below. Our take? Ashnikko’s new ‘Daisy’ music video is crazy (but we like that).
Featured Image Source: ‘Daisy (Official Video)’ – Ashnikko via YouTube