Heard Of Angelina Jordan? No? You Better Sit Down For This One

Heard Of Angelina Jordan? No? You Better Sit Down For This One

Angelina Jordan is a new up and comer that has recently made her way onto our radar, and the moment we heard her voice for the first time, we got goosebumps! Her talent is incomparable to anyone we’ve ever heard before- she is in a league of her own, and all we can say is look out world! Angelina is taking you by storm.

The 15-year-old (yes, 15! We can’t believe it either!) rose to international fame when she won Norway’s Got Talent at only eight years old! (We know we’re impressed, too!) She’s known around the world for being a vocal powerhouse, and now, for having some of the most poetic and sentimental lyrics of any singer-songwriter. Her social media presence is equally impressive as she’s racked up over half-a-billion YouTube views, just shy of 2 billion Facebook views, and has garnered praise from Time, CNN, BBC, and People.

Lucky for us, she made her official debut in November with a new single titled ‘Million Miles,’ and you may want to grab your tissues and take a seat because it’s a tearjerker. Angelina wrote the song about losing her grandpa, but it resonates deeply for those of us who have lost someone (or more than one someone) equally as important to us- parents, friends, siblings, cousins, grandparents, etc.- it represents them all. Let’s also talk about the breathtaking, piercing visuals. She looks woeful yet captivating as she adventures about reflecting on her favorite memories with her grandfather and singing over an intoxicating, soft piano.

“He said I’m watching you from the moon
I’m everywhere, see everything you do
I can’t see you but I know you’re here
It’s like you’re in my tears
I think what he’s given me: the smiles and the memories
but now he’s not here to hold my hand
In the light of the blue sky I’m not alone to fight
I’ll never regret what I do”

“‘Million Miles’ is about losing someone you really love. I wrote this song thinking about all the great memories I had with my grandpa and how much it hurts to lose someone. This song is very personal to me, because I had never felt the feeling of losing someone before I wrote this.”

Angelina Jordan

We’re a million miles apart
is pulling my heart
like an empty bobble to be thrown
Now I can’t make it stop
but I know in my heart
I know that I’m never alone

If you’re like us, you’ve already listened to this song at least a million times and counting. Angelina Jordan is phenomenal, not only as a vocalist, but also as a songwriter. She’s got one of those voices that makes her stand out among the rest, and we can already see huge things happening for her in the music biz! She has made us into lifelong stans, and we are here supporting her 1000%! Remember to add the song to your playlists so you can have real, raw emotional music on the go!

What do you think of Angelina Jordan and her song ‘Million Miles?’ Are you a new fan, or have you been rooting for her since day one? Let us know in the comments below or by tweeting us @TheHoneyPOP! You can also hit us up on Facebook and Instagram!

Need more new music to spice up your playlist? You’ve come to the right place!

TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ANGELINA JORDAN:
FACEBOOK|INSTAGRAM|TWITTER|WEBSITE|YOUTUBE

Featured Image Source: Shane McCauley

4.6 17 votes
Article Rating

Emily Defoor

10 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Ana
Ana
3 months ago

yes, she is one of her kind, There was music before Angelina and now there’s Angelina and that’s that.

Claudio Marcucci
Claudio Marcucci
3 months ago

This is a fantastic original song of the barefoot princess and is the third version, after the lyrics version and the live. Angelina … it’s really hard to comment on this song, this beautiful girl and the fantastic family that surrounds her, are truly a wonderful reality. ❤️ Every time I hear this so emotional song I am moved again and all hers 3 videos are, in a different way, an expression of Angelina’s fantastic affective and human world. Always close to the heart and full of affection, she is simply wonderful. 🤗 ❤️ With the sweet participation of her… Read more »

Ken Scott
Ken Scott
3 months ago

If you want to hear music, listen to anyone. If you want to feel music, listen to Angelina Jordan.

bill michealoff
bill michealoff
3 months ago

This young lady is an angel and quite simply a gift to the world. A natural vocal talent in a league of her own. Angie preforms with a humble grace, overflowing with a confidence that is inspiring and unexplainable at the same time. Unexplainable because no one this young should be able to convey the emotion she does without the benefit of the experience that one needs to be able to relate to such experiences. She has been doing this since she was six years old. With a natural ability to sing personally and individually to every listener with her… Read more »

rdacus
3 months ago

Good article! I’ve been listening to Angelina for a year now. That voice — from the first notes I heard I knew I was hearing a once-in-a-generation singer. So happy to see her getting a wider audience through Republic Records.

Hege B
Hege B
3 months ago

Such a great review of our angel. I have been a fan since I first heard her on Norways got Talent back in 2014. Gloomy Sunday by Billie Holiday. She is the most talented singer I have ever heard, the way she makes you feel the songs.

Diego
Diego
3 months ago

I’ve been following her since 2017 and I think I can say she’s one in a billion.

trackback

[…] everyone away with her amazing voice back in 2014. Since winning the show at only eight years old, Angelina Jordan has kept shocking people with her amazing vocals. While many know Angelina for her covers, she has […]

peter churan
peter churan
1 month ago

I can listen to her voice all day I love the mix of the softness mixed with the power she has and the control she contains over both along with timing space and emotion A class act at a young age Very special performer with a gifted voice and has stayed nice and level to date to others Really nice to see

dbp49David
27 days ago

She is definitely the “Barefoot Princess of Jazz” and the “Empress” of any other genre she’s in the mood for on any particular day.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x