Just when we thought we’d made peace with Warped Tour ending, Mayday Parade hit us with ‘Kids of Summer.’ The band wanted to create an ode to their carefree summers touring with Warped and drop it just in time for the season. Now we’ve donned an old State Champs tee and are literally pining for Warped 2016.
‘Kids Of Summer’ is about one of the greatest moments in our band’s career, which was touring numerous times on the Vans Warped Tour. Not only has that summer tour helped our band find an identity over the years but it’s also helped us find our own selves in ways. We also know fans of ours and of the tour itself feel the same way, so we wanted to capture all of that in a summer anthem.Drummer Jake Bundrick about the new song
We’d Say They Did A Pretty Bang Up Job.
The video perfectly recreates the classic vibes of a Warped-filmed video. You know the ones — State Champs‘ ‘Elevated’ MV and Waterparks‘ video for ‘Peach (Lobotomy).’ Plus, the band’s fun shenanigans just scream summer. They’ve also flawlessly captured that rush of hope and wild invincibility that comes with jumping along live to all your favorite bands. Truly, you can’t help but smile as the music and visuals wrap you up in comforting nostalgic bliss.
See for yourself:
We’re not crying. You’re crying.
You won’t have to miss the thrill of a live Mayday Parade show for too long, though. The band’s going on tour this fall around the US! Here are the dates:
- Sept. 8 – High Dive – Gainesville, FL
- Sept. 10 – Culture Room – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Sept. 12 – Charleston Music Hall – Charleston, SC
- Sept. 14 – Georgia Theatre – Athens, GA
- Sept. 15 – Amos’ Southend – Charlotte, NC
- Sept. 17 – Four Chord Music Festival – Pittsburgh, PA
- Sept. 18 – Riot Fest – Chicago, IL
- Sept. 21 – Deluxe – Indianapolis, IN
- Sept. 22 – Mercury Ballroom – Louisville, KY
- Sept. 23 – Blue Note – Columbia, MO
- Sept. 25 – Furnace Fest – Birmingham, AL
- Sept. 26 – Club LA – Destin, FL
Be honest, did you get a little emotional listening to ‘Kids of Summer?’ Let us know in the comments below or by tweeting us @TheHoneyPOP so we can reminisce together. Don’t forget we’re also available on Facebook and Instagram.
Oh yeah, we have lots more info on your favorite pop-punk bands so, don’t forget to check that out too!
Featured Image Source: Guadalupe Bustos