In recent years, lifestyle and beauty content creator and makeup guru Aaliyah Jay has carved a name for herself among budding social media influencers known for their stylish, eccentric looks. In her latest collaboration with Allure, Aaliyah showed us how to achieve a flawless look in under 10 minutes, using her easy-to-follow makeup routine for those with dry skin, just like her.
Who Is Aaliyah Jay?
Aaliyah Jay, a New York-based fashion influencer and beauty content creator, produced content that resonates with her millennial and Gen-Z audience while supporting the idea of being brave, bold, gorgeous, and accepting themselves for who they are.
Aaliyah enjoys being candid with her followers, spilling her secrets, sharing her childhood memories of inspiration, and inspiring others to be their best selves. We admire her for her confidence, sassy and carefree demeanor.
As of now, she has garnered a total reach of 4.4 million, including many celebrities, spanning Instagram (2.0 million), Twitter (295k), YouTube (1.5 million), and TikTok (303k).
As part of her recent collaboration with Allure, Aaliyah revealed her secret to flawless-looking makeup in just under 10 minutes for dry skin. We believe it is the ideal beauty advice for those that have busy schedules but still want to look fabulous, since who doesn’t want to look good?
Makeup accentuates your appearance, conceals flaws, and makes you feel more attractive while being synonymous with self-expression and confidence. You can experiment, diversify your appearance, and transform yourself into anything you want – from an ordinary Jane to a stunning bombshell in a flash. Isn’t it magical?
10-Minute Beauty Routine
Aaliyah Jay used the following products to achieve a quick, flawless appearance:
- Nivea Crème
- Benefit Cosmetics Ka-Brow! Cream-Gel.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Luminous Foundation
- Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Concealer
- Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer,
- Nars Climax Mascara
- Benefit Cosmetics 24-hr Brow Setter Clear Brow Gel
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer – “Glass Slipper.”
Watch the full video tutorial – “10-Minute Beauty Routine for Dry Skin” on Allure here:
A Guide To Quick, Everyday Makeup
We have outlined Aaliyah Jay’s everyday beauty routine step-by-step for you. Discover her beauty secrets to achieving flawless, healthy skin, natural glam, and gaining that “Hot Girl Summer” glow. Easy peasy!
- Prepping: Aaliyah Jay’s beauty regimen begins by deeply cleaning her face with a good, foamy cleanser. Next, she applies Nivea Cream, dense in consistency, rich in hydration, and infused with skin-loving oils. It absorbs quickly into the skin, nourishing and moisturizing it while also making it feel velvety smooth, and supple.
- Eyebrows: The next step is to fix your eyebrows unless you want to keep them natural and lightly brushed. Use Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Concealer to conceal any imperfections or extra growth and to have a cleaner look. If you have light eyebrows and want to define them, fill them in and shape them with a brow pencil. Apply Benefit Cosmetics KaBrow! Cream-Gel to hold them in place as you finish your makeup.
- Smooth Base: A smooth base is a must-have for flawless, natural-looking skin and puts on makeup effortlessly. Aaliyah strongly recommends Anastasia Beverly Hills Luminous Foundation for dry skin. People usually apply a lot of foundation to their skin, which is not good.
Here’s a quick beauty tip: Take a few drops on a makeup palette or in your hand and dab it slowly onto your skin with a beauty sponge to apply a lighter layer and even it out, so it will not crack or feel sticky.
Aaliyah recommends using Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Concealer, which fully covers up any blemishes or acne that you wish to conceal. Apply it to areas where you want to remove any blemishes and blend everything out using a beauty sponge for gorgeous, flawless-looking skin that makes a smooth base for makeup.
Beauty Tip to save your day: “Don’t forget to conceal your eyelids!”
- Setting Powder: Setting powder is a crucial step in locking in your makeup so far, but most people overlook it. Laura Mercier’s translucent loose setting powder works like a charm and is an absolute favorite of our makeup guru.
Even though excessively baking your face is not good for dry skin, it works wonders for oily skin as it absorbs extra oils from your skin. Take a fluffy brush, dust off any excess product, then tap it slowly on your face where you have concealed and blended it evenly, dusting off any residue.
- Bronzer: Aaliyah Jay used Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer in the caramel shade to brighten her skin and add some tan. Using a bronzer will give you a tanned appearance and a light contour finish on your face. If you want to give your face a natural, rosy glow, apply a tinted blush in your favorite shade.
- Eyes: As for the eyes, Aaliyah applied two coats of NARS Climax mascara for a heavy, dramatic look.
- Lips: She topped off her look with Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in the “Glass Slipper” shade, which looked great on her. With its non-sticky and easy-to-wear formula, you can wear it anytime, anywhere, making your lips look kissable.
For the last step, Aaliyah Jay locks her brows in with Benefit Cosmetics’ 24-Hr Brow Setter to ensure that her “brows stay in place all day.”
Beauty Tips to Save Your Day: Add a little highlighter in the shade of nude, light brown, or golden hour for a dramatic yet natural daytime look.
And that’s a wrap. Isn’t it amazing how easy it was to look so gorgeous and radiant in just under 10 minutes? If you are anything like us, you will be on your way to your dresser to pursue this tutorial for a defining glow-up.
Aaliyah Jay’s world has so much to offer; this makeup look just scratches the surface. We know that as soon as you finish reading this article, you’ll be checking out her social media for more exceptional beauty and fashion content. Let us in on your secrets as we would love to know all.
Let’s continue the conversation going by tweeting us @TheHoneyPOP or commenting below! Want your daily drip? Get the latest pop culture news and the inside scoop by following us on Instagram and Facebook.
What's Your Reaction?
Khushboo Malhotra works as a freelance journalist, digital marketing & media strategist, and content marketer featured in various global and national media publications and works alongside B2B, B2C, and eCommerce brands. A wide range of her work spans music and entertainment culture, sustainable lifestyle (including sub-niches), and SaaS. She enjoys writing novels and designing screenplays, grooving at concerts, or exploring new fashion and cuisines that tickle her taste buds when she is not working. Have a story? Get in touch: email@example.com