We’ve been waiting years for a My Chemical Romance reunion, and they finally announced a comeback tour! And then COVID happened. So we waited some more years… But now, the reunion shows are finally happening! Whether you’ve been a member of the black parade for years now or became a fan post-”breakup,” there are some MCR deep cuts that everyone just needs to know. Here are some of our favorites, which we hope they play on their 2022 tour!
‘Skylines and Turnstiles’
It would just make sense for MCR to play the song that basically birthed the band on their reunion tour! Lead singer Gerard Way wrote the song after the tragedy of 9/11, wanting to use his voice to make a real difference in the world. From there, the band started coming together and the rest is rock history. This bittersweet, high-energy track is a setlist staple.
We love a little acoustic moment on big arena tours, and ‘Disenchanted’ would be a perfect choice. This track from The Black Parade is one of the prettiest songs in My Chem’s discography and we’re sure the crowds would have so much fun singing along. Imagine how stunning the crowd would look swaying their phone flashlights side to side during the chorus!
Fresh off the electrically eclectic Danger Days album, ‘DESTROYA’ is one of My Chemical Romance’s standout tracks that just transcends time. Accented with frantic drums, exasperated sighs on the chorus, and fierce guitar, we could only imagine how much this would move an entire arena’s audience.
‘Hang ‘Em High’
Part of what makes MCR’s music so special is its cinematic quality, and ‘Hang ‘Em High’ sounds like it came out of some emo western film soundtrack in all the best ways possible. This track from Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge packs the thrill of a two-hour movie into less than three minutes of jamming guitars and soaring vocals.
My Chem recorded The Black Parade in a haunted mansion, and ‘Sleep’ documents some of the anxieties and nightmares they experienced while staying there. It’s one of the most high-energy moments on the album, and Gerard has said it’s one of their favorite songs to perform live. So naturally, we’d love to hear it! From the lyrics to those chilling piano notes, ‘Sleep’ is hands-down one of MCR’s best songs. They played it at their original reunion show, so let’s hope it makes the tour setlist.
You didn’t think we’d forget Conventional Weapons, did you? ‘Boy Division’ is one of ten songs that MCR scrapped from Danger Days once they figured out the direction they really wanted to go in for the record. The Conventional Weapons series gave these songs new life, and ‘Boy Division’ is undoubtedly a standout from the collection! We know Californian MCRmy would love to yell “sing a song for California” back at the band.
Which of these songs do you hope to hear at My Chemical Romance’s reunion tour? Are you planning on going to a show? Be sure to grab your tickets here and tell us all about your favorite MCR songs on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! Here are all the places you can catch the band live this year:
- Aug 20th – Oklahoma City, OK – Paycom Center
- Aug 21st – San Antonio, TX – AT&T Center
- Aug 23rd – Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
- Aug 24th – Cincinnati, OH – Heritage Bank Center
- Aug 26th – Raleigh, NC – PNC Arena
- Aug 27th – Belmont Park, NY – UBS Arena
- Aug 29th – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
- Aug 30th – Albany, NY – MVP Arena
- Sept 1st – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
- Sept 2nd – Montreal, QC – Centre Bell
- Sept 4th and 5th – Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Arena
- Sept 7th and 8th – Boston, MA – TD Garden
- Sept 10th and 11th – Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center
- Sept 13th – Detroit, MI – Little Caesars Arena
- Sept 15th – St. Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center
- Sept 16th – Chicago, IL – Riot Fest
- Sept 20th and 21st – Newark, NJ – Prudential Center
- Sept 23rd – Dover, DE – Firefly Music Festival
- Sept 24th – Sunrise, FL – FLA Live Arena
- Sept 27th – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
- Sept 28th – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
- Sept 30th – Denver, CO – Ball Arena
- Oct 2nd – Portland, OR – MODA Center
- Oct 3rd – Tacoma, WA – Tacoma Dome
- Oct 5th – Oakland, CA – Oakland Arena
- Oct 7th – Las Vegas, NV – T-Mobile Arena
- Oct 8th – Sacramento, CA – Aftershock Festival
- Oct 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, and 17th – Los Angeles, CA – The Forum
- Oct 22nd, 23rd, and 29th – Las Vegas, NV – When We Were Young
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | WEBSITE | YOUTUBE